Tax Enquiry Services
“DETAILS OF FREE TAX ENQUIRY INSURANCE COVER”
Policy Number: Available to clients only
Your accountant, Nick Callen, is the policyholder and is insured in respect of charges incurred for work undertaken in respect of this service. This document does not give full details of the cover provided. A copy of the Policy containing all of the terms and conditions is held by your accountant and is available on request. The insurance is arranged through Taxwise Services Limited (FSA No 304970) and underwritten by Irwell Insurance Company Limited (FSA No 202897). A summary of the policy is as follows:
The policy will cover:
The insurer will provide up to £100,000 (a lower limit will apply to some elements of cover) in respect of:
- Fees incurred by your accountant, or the accountant’s appointed representative, attending meetings with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or responding to correspondence from HMRC when you are subject to an HMRC check, enquiry, visit, meeting or dispute. Including professional fees incurred in respect of a local review of the enquiry and preparation and representation at an appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
Making a claim
You must notify your accountant in the event of an incident or circumstance which might lead to a requirement for them to represent you under the Fee Protection Service. Your accountant will make claims and credit proceeds against your liability for fees, you could be liable for fees should the claim be denied.
The main exclusions are:
Your accountant will not be able to make a claim against the policy, in the following circumstances:
- Enquiries or Disputes, which have commenced prior to the inception of the Policy.
- Enquiries or Disputes resulting from tax returns, which are submitted more than 30 days after the statutory filing date.
- Enquiries or Disputes where fraudulent evasion of tax is involved.
- Enquiries or Disputes involving tax avoidance schemes.
- Fees relating to the routine presentation of your affairs including the preparation or rectification of self-assessment tax returns, accounts, P11Ds, P35s, VAT returns or any other statutory returns.
- Fees, expenses and disbursements incurred without the prior consent of Taxwise.
- Fees incurred reconstructing books and records that have been poorly maintained.
- Fees incurred as a direct consequence of a deliberate and significant omission of taxable income.
- Enquiries commenced by Special Civil Investigations (SCI) under Code of Practice 9. SCI Code of Practice 8 enquiries limited to £5,000 provided fraud or fraudulent intent is disproved.
A condition of the arrangement made with the insurers is that all claims must occur and be notified during the Period of Insurance.
This service only applies to enquiries or disputes with HMRC, whose jurisdiction is within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Employment and Health; Safety Support Service
You have telephone access to our consultants who are available to assist you with practical advice on any employment and health & safety issues your business may encounter. The service is available weekdays between 9am to 5.30pm. To access this service please call 01455 852592 and quote your policy number above.