Many professional “self-employed” people today operate as “contractors”, either through a Limited Company or as a sole trader.
I have had many years of dealing with Contractors from the IT and Management Consultancy sectors and the questions that are commonly asked are:
- Is a limited company right for me? What are my obligations and duties as a Company Director?
- What are the other options?
- What are the tax advantages for me?
- What about IR35? Am I caught and can this be managed?
- Should I take a salary or dividends?
- How do I pay dividends and what records do I need?
- What expenses can I claim?
- How does my contractor income fit in with my other income, and what are the tax planning opportunities?
If you have the same questions and would like to discuss, please contact me for further information and assistance.
Contractor Insurance / Free IR35 reviews
As a client you are automatically covered under my Tax Enquiry Insurance scheme, which protects against the professional costs of defending you in the event of a tax enquiry by HMRC. It also provides unlimited free access to the Tax Wise Employment and Health & Safety Support Service.
In addition, I have also teamed up with Qdos Contractor to provide many free and beneficial services. These now include:
- Free working practice review
- Low cost contractor insurances
- Free IR35 helpline – 0116 269 0992.
- A dedicated Qdos Account Manager – Julie Edwards (0116 243 7864)
- Refer a friend incentives.
These can be accessed at http://nickcallen.qdosconsulting.com/
If you would like further information on any of this please contact me.